Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Little More of Rome

I'm behind ... I'm behind. Our trip is winding down and I wanted to get a few more posts up before heading home. Here are a few more from Rome, which includes the National Museum, Vatican City, and the Spanish Steps.

The National Museum (and I can't recite who, what, when or where but I have the pictures!) It was hard to shoot indoors. Many windows are shut and blinds closed to preserve the art. I can't use flash either so it made for some difficult shooting conditions. Here are my favorites:





Then to Vatican City. Another unbelievable site to see and unfortunately, St. Peters Basilica was closed at the exact hour we arrived. I can only imagine what that would have been like because the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel was nothing less than STUNNING! I still can not get over the amount of work that was put into the construction and painting of this inspiring structure.



















Later that evening we headed to the Spanish Steps where there were hundreds of people. That could possibly be an understatement. All I know is I didn't get many shots but the one I did manage to get, I love and am sharing it.

There are illegal street vendors (saying it politely) that push their product on you EVERYWHERE you go. Roses are the product of choice at the steps and I found these two lonely ones laying just waiting for their photo to be taken. They remind me of what it feels like after escaping these people... beat up and exhausted.




No comments:

Post a Comment