Monday, August 16, 2010

Earrings

My little princess has been asking to get her ears pierced for 3 weeks now.  Every night before bed we would go through the same series of questions.

London: "Momma ears pierced, daddy's ears pierced, London ears pierced???"
Me: No.  You don't have yours done. We can get yours done when you are ready.
London: When?
Me: When you are ready.
London: I'm ready. Get um' done?
Me: Maybe this weekend.
London: Ok.

So, finally Tommie said I can't keep telling her "this weekend" and not following through.  But let me remind you, London doesn't let ANYONE near her ears.  I fight every time we need to clean them and she often wins.  Each night we would prepare her telling her that a lady will hold her ear and count to 3 and then she'd feel a POP!  She would say "Ok".

I really doubted that she'd go through with it so I threw in the towel and went this past Saturday.  My 2 year old sat like a champ and got them done. 

She did look at me like I was the world's worst Mom for about 2 minutes until she looked in the mirror and exclaimed "London got earrings!"

My peanut.  I'm so proud of her.





No comments:

Post a Comment